[ESS] Emacs 22.1 is out!

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Mon Jun 11 17:19:51 CEST 2007

Rodney Sparapani wrote:

> I did the following:
>
> configure --without-x --with-carbon --enable-carbon-app
> make install
> make install prefix=/usr

Hi Gang:

Just to get back to this; the docs say NOT to do the last make line
especially.  But, that does not appear to be my problem.  What you are
supposed to do is just (which can be found in mac/INSTALL):

configure --enable-carbon-app
make
sudo make install

That does work, however, I had to do it more than once; not sure why.
In any case, both Emacs 22.1 and Aquamacs 1.0a seem to have problems
with both column-mode and tool-bar-mode causing massive slowness.  So,
if you want to use those, then you are stuck with pre-22.1/pre-1.0a
builds.  Hopefully, it will not be another 6 years :o)  Maybe RMS should
listen to Tony "release early, release often" Rossini?  :o)

Rodney