[ESS] shortcut to send a multi-line expression?

Jenny Bryan jenny at stat.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 26 22:41:26 CEST 2007

Is there an ESS command to quickly send a multi-line expression to
the R process?  Without C-c C-n'ing your way through all of them,
i.e. stringing together many ess-eval-line-and-step commands?

I know how to use C-c C-r (ess-eval-region) to to send a region, but
that is predicated on setting the point and mark appropriately, which
is a step I would love to skip.
And I know how to use C-c C-f (ess-eval-function) to send the
function definition that contains point.

Is there something deserving the name "ess-eval-expression-and-step"
that says "please send the syntactically complete multi-line command
that contains point and (maybe?) put point at the end of it"?

Thanks, Jenny