[ESS] Release of ESS 5.3.5

Kiermeier, Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI) Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Tue Aug 21 01:11:49 CEST 2007

Stephen Eglen wrote on Tuesday, 21 August 2007 03:04:

>  > 1)  'M-x R-newest',
>  >     which will start the newest version of R that it can find on
>  >     your system.
>  >     And that should also automagically work on Windoze ...
>
> For those of you now running ESS 5.3.5, I would be grateful to hear
> whehter M-x R-newest works for you, especially on Windows.
>
> The long term plan is to use R-newest functionality to work when M-x R
> fails to find a version of R to start (i.e. inferior-R-program-name is
> not set correctly).
>
> Stephen

Hi Stephen,

For me R-newest does not work. The message in the *Message* buffer is

  Finding all versions of R on your system...
  R-newest: No version of R could be found.

I run GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-06-02
On Windows XP (with ESS 5.3.5).

I have R installed in D:/R and during installation of R I choose to have
version information saved to the Windows registry.

M-x R works for me and inferior-R-program-names has the value "Rterm"

Cheers,

Andreas
_____________________________
Dr Andreas Kiermeier
Senior Statistician
Food Innovation & Safety
South Australian Research & Development Institute
33 Flemington Street, Glenside, SA, 5065

Ph:	+61 8 8207 7884
Fax:	+61 8 8207 7854
Mob:	0423 028 565

Email: Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Web:   http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au/
My Web: http://andreas.kiermeier.googlepages.com/
_____________________________
You will find my GPG public key on my personal website.

The information contained within this email is confidential and may be
the subject of legal privilege. This email is intended solely for the
addressee, and if you are not the intended recipient you must not
disclose, copy, use or distribute this email or any of its attachments.
If you have received this email in error, please advise the sender
immediately via email reply, delete the message and any attachments from
your system, and destroy any copies made. PIRSA makes no representation
that this mail or any attached files are free from viruses or other
defects. It is the recipient's responsibility to check the email and any
attached files for viruses or other defects.