[ESS] ESS SAS function keys in mrxvt

duckpond jindan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 04:04:55 CEST 2007

Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa <at> mcw.edu> writes:

> Hi Jindan:
>
> Then, I think it is pretty simple: xterm-256color must not be the
> correct setting for TERM.  From the info about mrxvt that is on
> Wikipedia, I'd say that TERM=vt102 would be more fitting.  YMMV
>
> Rodney

Yes, TERM=vt102 solved THE problem, but I lost color syntax highlighting. But w
ith this in mind, the solution comes out easily:

I changed to TERM=rxvt-256color, the ESS SAS function keys all worked fine. The
n Emacs can only display 8 colors since there's no lisp file associated with rx
vt-256color, I just copied xterm-256color.el to rxvt-256color.el, now Emacs dis
plays beautiful 256 colors.

Thanks for the hint!

Jindan

e solution comes out easily