[ESS] starting dir

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Aug 1 21:20:28 CEST 2007

Le 07-08-01 à 11:20, Stephen Bond a écrit :

> Vincent,
>
> if I change that variable to nil then it just dumps me into the
> default
> dir. what I wanted is to specify a default work dir which is not
> the emacs
> dir.

Well, if the variable is 't', you should be prompted for a working
directory (presuming you work with some flavor of S). The default
that will prposed to you is what Emacs consider to be its current
working directory, much like when you find a file.

For example, if you have a file ~/work/toto.R opened and you do 'M-x
R RET', Emacs/ESS should prompt you for a working directory for the R
session, proposing as default ~/work/.

Is this what you want?

Cheers,

Vincent