[ESS] plot windows in ESS with Aquamacs version of Emacs on OS 10.4.9

Dale Steele Dale_Steele at brown.EDU
Tue Apr 17 03:05:17 CEST 2007

I'm a new Mac OSX user.  I installed Aquamacs version of Emacs which
comes with ESS v5.3.0

Without setting the device, when I send a plot() to the R process, a
file plot.ps appears in my directory.

In an attempt to see my plot in a quartz window, the quartz() command
(works in R console) generates the following error message. X11() fails
as well, although X11 server is installed and started.

 > quartz()
Warning message:
quartz() device interactivity reduced without an event loop manager in:
quartz()

  Any solutions?

Thanks. --Dale