[ESS] Réf. : Re: ESS[S] freezes until job completion?

gerald.jean at dgag.ca gerald.jean at dgag.ca
Tue Sep 26 15:10:55 CEST 2006

Hello,

I can also confirm the same behaviour under Solaris, Emacs 21.1.1 (I know
it's old but I am not the administrator of the system and they won't
upgrade at this time), ESS 5.3.1.  In fact, to my knowledge, it's been like
that ever since I use ESS, which is many years, every day.  By the way,
thanks to the developpers for such a great interface to stats. packages.

If I submit more than one command at a time, Emacs freezes until completion
of the next to last command, Emacs takes control back while the last
command executes!

Gérald Jean
Conseiller senior en statistiques, Actuariat
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean at dgag.ca

"In God we trust, all others must bring data"  W. Edwards Deming

Le message ci-dessus, ainsi que les documents l'accompagnant, sont destinés uniquement aux personnes identifiées et peuvent contenir des informations
privilégiées, confidentielles ou ne pouvant être divulguées. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez le détruire.

This communication (and/or the attachments) is intended for named recipients only and may contain privileged or confidential information which is not
to be disclosed. If you received this communication by mistake please destroy all copies.