[ESS] slowness problem

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:06:47 CEST 2006

On 9/4/06, Laurent ESS <laurentESS at free.fr> wrote:
> Dear ESS-list,
>
>       I use Xemacs 21.4.13 and ESS 5.3.0 with windoze XP. I use Sweave.
> I have the following problem : often on an .rnw file, the first time I
> compile my file with Sweave all works fine. But after several
> compilations, the slowness becomes dramatic : the compilation stops a
> very, very long time on the first chunk before completing all the
> others. It is very boring ! Is there a simple solution because I would
> like to continue working with Xemacs ?

Hi Laurent -

You need to be more explicit for how you are starting Sweave -- from a
script, makefile, or using M-x ess-makeSweave  ?   If the latter, you
might be collecting garbage that needs to be cleared out.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).