[ESS] help stops working

Mon Oct 23 03:34:48 CEST 2006

Hi

Sometimes (often) I eventually get the following behavior: typing
help in the R buffer (or using C-c C-v) yields a new buffer with the
relevant help page name, but containing

sh: line 1: /tmp/RtmpmzA0Vp/56f32f43: No such file or directory

instead of the man page. This is on a Powerbook. I think it may have
something to do with /tmp directory being cleared? Perhaps associated
with the sleep mode? Anyway, is there a way to sort of "restart" the
help system? I am currently using 5.3.1 with Emacs 22.0.50.1.

Kasper