[ESS] Emac s No0b seekz dreem functi0n (C-c C-c)

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Oct 6 13:57:11 CEST 2006

    Dan> Richard M. Heiberger wrote:
    >> I think you are looking for
    >> comint-scroll-show-maximum-output
    >> and related functions

    Dan> Well... I tried the following...

    Dan> (add-hook 'ess-mode-hook
    Dan>   (setq comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-input t)
    Dan>   (setq comint-scroll-show-maximum-output t))

    Dan> Which does set the value of these variables in the 'local *R* buffer',
    Dan> however, there being set appears to have no effect.

yes, it has to be done differently.

If I google "maechler comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-input",
the first three hits all seem to contain the solution.

I think we (ESS core) should add these details to the offical
ESS manual.
But since I'll be vacationing for a week from tomorrow,
I don't have the time just now.

BTW, everyone, patches to
     https://svn.r-project.org/ESS/trunk/doc/ess.texi
are very welcome...