[ESS] par(ask=T) in ESS

Christophe Pallier christophe.pallier at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 15:11:28 CEST 2006

2006/10/3, Richard M. Heiberger <rmh at temple.edu>:
> What do you mean by x11() doesn't work on Windows?

Oops. Sorry for the mistake.
I did not have access to a Windows to test it an I remembered using
"windows()" when I used R on this platform. Moreover the R
documentation for ?x11 under Linux states:

     'X11' starts a graphics device driver for the X Window System
     (version 11).  This can only be done on machines that run X. 'x11'
     is recognized as a synonym for 'X11'.

which is a bit misleading, to say the least...
For now, I think I will use the tersier "getOption('device')".

Christophe