[ESS] ess, Xemacs, and Rterm crash

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu May 25 11:41:10 CEST 2006

Dear Michael,

I'm coincidentally out of town, using a computer that didn't have
XEmacs/ESS on it. Following the directions at
<http://socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca/jfox/Books/Companion/ESS/ess-xemacs.pdf>,
I downloaded and installed the latest versions of XEmacs for Windows
(2.4.19) and ESS (5.2.12); I already had R 2.3.0 patched on the
machine. Everything appears to work fine, so there's probably something
peculiar about your set up. My machine is running Windows XP SP 2.

I hope this helps,
 John