[ESS] Inferior Stata in 5.2.12

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 31 11:06:34 CEST 2006

    Brendan> I've just upgraded to 5.2.12, and have a problem
    Brendan> with inferior Stata mode. On M-x stata I get this:

    Brendan> Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable
    Brendan> inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords)

and this problem was not there in your previous version of ESS
(and *same* version of Emacs) ?
Can you confirm?  If yes, which version of ESS did not have the
above problem?

I'm sorry I can't be of more help for now, since we don't have
Stata, so 'M-x stata' errors out even earlier for me.

Can other Stata + ESS users comment on this?

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich