[ESS] Formatting long character strings in R source

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 21:01:01 CET 2006

We don't worry about basic questions.  This isn't R-help, and we don't
have a FAQ :-).

It's not clear what the right thing to do here is.   In particular,
should we allow >1 character of whitespace at the end of lines?  None?
  i.e.

test <- "If this was
my string"

should

test == "If this was my string"

or

test == "If this wasmy string"

or .... (replace the newline with any number of possible characters,
and consider if there are spaces after the "was     ").

This might be something we don't want to auto-wrap...