[ESS] Help setting key binding for ess

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 19:36:29 CET 2006

On 3/20/06, Seth Falcon <sethfalcon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Help, I'm about to start using '=' instead of '<-'

Major sin!  To help keep you from being a heretic and doomed to the 9
hells, here's a bit of help.  Edit the function (defun)
ess-toggle-underscore in essl-s.el, changing _ to =.

We really ought to use a defvar for this setting, so apologies, Seth.

However, note that you'll have to deal with the double-press to get
"=" back again, which is a PITA for arguments (and one could imagine a
triple press to provide "==" for equivalence) which is why we've never
thought of it before.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).