[ESS] Hyperlinks in help pages

Frede Aakmann Tøgersen FredeA.Togersen at agrsci.dk
Mon Mar 20 13:25:03 CET 2006

See below.

Med venlig hilsen
Frede Aakmann Tøgersen

I get a buffer with the following content:

Emacs 21.3:

major-mode's value is ess-help-mode
Local in buffer *help[R](lm)*; global value is fundamental-mode

Documentation:
Symbol for current buffer's major mode.

Emacs 22.0:

major-mode is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is ess-help-mode
Local in buffer *help[R](lm)*; global value is fundamental-mode
Automatically becomes buffer-local when set in any fashion.

Documentation:
Symbol for current buffer's major mode.

[back]

> o What does 's C-h' give  {inside the *help[R](lm)* buffer} ?
>   It should give an *Help* buffer containing something like
>
>     Major Mode Bindings Starting With s:
>     key             binding
>     ---             -------
>
>     s <		beginning-of-buffer
>     s >		end-of-buffer
>     s ?		ess-describe-sec-map
>     s v		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s u		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s s		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s r		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s n		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s e		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s D		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s d		ess-skip-to-help-section
>     s a		ess-skip-to-help-section

It gives only for both Emacs 21.3 and 22.0:

Major Mode Bindings Starting With s:
key             binding

s <		beginning-of-buffer
s >		end-of-buffer