[ESS] C-c C-c inside latice panel function - was Font lock bug?

Kiermeier, Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI) Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Wed Jun 14 01:23:47 CEST 2006

Hi Rodney & others,

after reading your response I'm wondering whether the following
behaviour may even be related.

I noticed yesterday while using C-c C-c (which is a great new addition
to ESS) inside a lattice panel function, that only the lines containing
the panel function get submitted to R.  For example, I copied the
ethanol example from the xyplot documentation to file containing other R
commands.

EE <- equal.count(ethanol$E, number=9, overlap=1/4)
xyplot(NOx ~ C | EE, data = ethanol,
       prepanel = function(x, y) prepanel.loess(x, y, span = 1),
       xlab = "Compression Ratio", ylab = "NOx (micrograms/J)",
       panel = function(x, y) {
         panel.grid(h=-1, v= 2)
         panel.xyplot(x, y)
         panel.loess(x,y, span=1)
       },
       aspect = "xy")

If you place the cursor inside any of the lines 1, 2, or 3 and Press C-c
C-c then everything works as expected.  However, if the curser is
somewhere within the lines containing the prepanel or panel functions
(except for the whitespace at the beginning of the line) then only that
function gets submitted to R, e.g.

>  prepanel = function(x, y) prepanel.loess

(which is missing the bit at the end), or

>  panel = function(x, y) {
+          panel.grid(h=-1, v= 2)
+          panel.xyplot(x, y)
+          panel.loess(x,y, span=1)
+        }

Cheers,

Andreas

_____________________________
Dr Andreas Kiermeier
Statistician
SARDI FOOD SAFETY PROGRAM

33 Flemington Street
Glenside   SA   5065
Ph:	+61 8 8207 7884
Fax:	+61 8 8207 7854
Mob:	0423 028 565

Email: Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Web: http://www.sardi.sa.gov.au/
_____________________________
If you would like to correspond with me in a secure way, using public
key encryption, please contact me directly for details of my GPG public
key or visit the SARDI website, where you can download my public key
from my personal staff page.

The information in this e-mail and attachments (if any) may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken is
prohibited. SARDI, The South Australian Research and Development
Institute, is the research division of Primary Industries and Resources
(SA)