[ESS] How to include ESS in site-start?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 00:51:49 CEST 2006

Here are the site-start lines that we use in our lab for both Linux
and Windows systems.

;; Set up emacs-ess for Emacs.
;;;
;;; This file is automatically loaded by emacs's site-start.el
;;; when you start a new emacs session.

(require 'pc-select)
(pc-selection-mode)

(require 'ess-site)
(setq inferior-ess-own-frame t)
(setq inferior-ess-same-window nil)

;;create a new frame for each help instance

(setq ess-help-own-frame t)
;;If you want all help
;; buffers to go into one frame do:

(setq ess-help-own-frame 'one)