[ESS] Folding chunks in Sweave?

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Mon Jul 24 18:14:03 CEST 2006

Seth Falcon <sethfalcon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sebastian Luque <spluque <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > Have you looked at folding-mode?  In Debian, it is included as part of the
> > emacs-goodies-el.  I haven't used it, but think this might be possible
> > with it, from what I remember of its info pages.
>
> Thanks.  I did find that during a web search.  Looks like it will do
> what I want, but that I will have to add markers in the text to allow
> it to work.  In theory, code chunks have enough markup to allow them
> to fold, but I'm sure this will require some customization.

I also interested in this application and took a look and found the
following in
the folding.el

;;  Example: changing default fold marks
;;
;;      In case you're not happy with the default folding marks, you
;;      can change them easily. Here is an example
;;
;;          (setq folding-load-hook 'my-folding-load-hook)
;;
;;          (defun my-folding-load-hook ()
;;            "Folding vars setup."
;;            (let* ((ptr (assq 'text-mode folding-mode-marks-alist)))
;;              (setcdr ptr (list "# {{{" "# }}}"))))

So this should be hacked to work with Sweave chunks. However I am a bit
sceptic about "enough markup". There surely is enough for the start i.e.
<<someRegExp>>=, but the end is only @. And this character also appears
in R code.

Can any lisp master handle this?

Gregor