[ESS] Sporadic Emacs crash upon C-v

Sebastian Luque spluque at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 19:37:54 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:13:57 -0400 (EDT),
"Richard M. Heiberger" <rmh at temple.edu> wrote:

> Do you mean C-v, in which case it is probably emacs,
> or C-c C-v, in which case it might be ESS.

> I C-c C-v, is it the first time in the session that you use C-c C-v,
> and therefore generation of the list of known names might be the problem.
> Or is it a later use, in which case accessing the list might be the
> problem.

I meant C-c C-v, I forgot to include the prefix when typing the message.
As far as I remember, the crash never occurs in the first use of 'C-c
C-v'.  The crash often happens when there are several packages attached.
I might try setting 'debug-on-error t' while working and see if that
allows to get a trace, hoping it's not too disruptive.  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb