[ESS] SAS mode and commenting

david huffer david.huffer at csosa.gov
Tue Jan 31 15:41:20 CET 2006

Just beginning with ess and emacs in general, so forgive me...

Using ess 5.2.11, gnu emacs 22.0.50.1, and win2000:
I have been experiemtning with the comment and autofill capabilities in ess
[sas] and found that when i try to continue a comment i get a peculiar string
of reg expressions instead of a comment, for instance:

M-; generates:  \*\|/\*  ;\|\*/

And if i am typing a comment that should be wrapped, instead of postfixing the
appropriate end-comment character, it generates: ;\|\*/

David