[ESS] Fwd: Special characters in graphic interface

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:27:26 CET 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: A.J. Rossini <blindglobe at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 22, 2006 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [ESS] Special characters in graphic interface
To: François MICHONNEAU <francois.michonneau at gmail.com>

What operating system, what versions of Emacs and ESS, what versions
of R, and under what localization are you using?

(all answers will strongly affect the answer).

On 2/22/06, François MICHONNEAU <francois.michonneau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use ESS with R under Emacs and I have a little problem with the graphic
> interface. When I want to display special characters in graphics' legends
> they appear correctly but they are preceded by a small square (for example
> "°C" becomes "□°C"). Does a solution exist (other than copying the code in
> the R console)?
> Thanks for your help
>
> François Michonneau

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).

--
best,
-tony