[ESS] ess-mode: Wrong type argument: syntax-table-p, nil

Wed Feb 22 10:29:45 CET 2006

For what it is worth I do not see a similar error running Emacs
22.0.50.1 under MacOS. But that is also a "special" Mac version so
they may have patched stuff. However, I find it unlikely that they
would do anything to specifically ensure ess to work. I have however
just updated to 5.2.12 so I _may_ see issues in the coming days, If
so, I will report them.

Your error seems a bit similar in flavour to the one reported at the
start of the month for sas-mode (although it was sas mode instead of
S mode and a bit different error message), so I would guess on some
initialization as well.

/Kasper