[ESS] No documentation displayed on R 2.4.1

McGehee, Robert Robert.McGehee at geodecapital.com
Thu Dec 28 21:20:49 CET 2006

Hello ESS Gurus,
I recently upgraded to R 2.4.1 (from 2.3.1) on my Windows machine, and
upgraded to ESS 5.3.3 to fix the "cannot change value of locked binding
for '.Last.value'" error.

Now, when trying to access function documentation (?FUN), my emacs
display splits and my bottom emacs display opens the *help[R](FUN)
buffer (as always). However, there is no documentation--the buffer is
empty. Has anyone seen and solved this? I've come across this on both my
laptop and desktop, both accepting the standard R installation, so I do
not believe it to be an install glitch. Let me know if more information
is needed.

Note, ESS 5.3.2 shows the same behavior as 5.3.3.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Robert McGehee, CFA
Quantitative Analyst
Geode Capital Management, LLC
One Post Office Square, 28th Floor | Boston, MA | 02109
Tel: 617/392-8396    Fax:617/476-6389
mailto:robert.mcgehee at geodecapital.com

This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, are intended for us...{{dropped}}