[ESS] Error in assign(".Last.value", .ess.lvsave

Rainer M Krug RKrug at sun.ac.za
Fri Dec 1 08:07:56 CET 2006

Ross Boylan wrote:
> I've been getting this message sporadically when I run R under ESS:
>> Error in assign(".Last.value", .ess.lvsave, envir = baseenv()) :
> 	cannot change value of locked binding for '.Last.value'
>
> I haven't noticed a pattern to when it appears; it is erratic.  I've
> been seeing it for awhile now, perhaps since upgrading to R 2.4.
>
> Can anyone illuminate what's going on?

I can not illuminate you, but I can confirm this - same happens to me.

R:
platform       i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i686
os             linux-gnu
system         i686, linux-gnu
status
major          2
minor          4.0
year           2006
month          10
day            03
svn rev        39566
language       R
version.string R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03)

EMACS:
21.3.1

ESS:
5.3.1

> Thanks.
>
> Ross Boylan

Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation
Biology (UCT)

Department of Conservation Ecology and Entomology
University of Stellenbosch
Matieland 7602
South Africa

Tel:		+27 - (0)72 808 2975 (w)