[ESS] Snw files are not weaved by C-c C-c from AucTeX-mode

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 2 22:09:31 CEST 2006

 [........]

    MM> Two remarks :

    MM> o Sweave already allows *TWO* syntaxes,

    MM>   1) the one mentioned earlier in this thread

    MM>   2) a ``LaTeX-like'' one {that nobody uses, at least
    MM> not from the dozen or so samples I've seen}

    MM>   It seems you should look at option '2)' quite a bit.

The official Sweave manual, currently

  http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/Sweave-manual-20060104.pdf

explains about the "latex-like" syntax in secion
'3.5 Syntax definition'

You use it typically using  *.Stex (or *.Rtex) instead of *.[SR]nw
or explicitly by saying

\SweaveSyntax{SweaveSyntaxLatex}

and then, instead of the noweb-like syntax

--------------------------
<<....>>=

 ..S-code..

@
--------------------------

you use

--------------------------
\begin{Scode}{....}

 ..S-code..

\end{Scode}

(The above is all according to the manual, and not tested)
Yes, I think ESS should also support the 'SweaveSyntaxLatex'
and do it automatically when the file extension is *.Stex or
*.Rtex

Fritz, do you have any comments on this?