[ESS] Snw files are not weaved by C-c C-c from AucTeX-mode

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Aug 2 17:26:06 CEST 2006

A.J. Rossini wrote:

> You are missing one critical point, and that is that Noweb isn't
> restricted to LaTeX.   Noweb (and Sweave) support HTML (and could
> directly support RTF) for document markup.   Noweb is
> documentation-mode independent, and noweb-mode can be tweaked to
> support XML/HTML editing modes with minimal work.  We default to LaTeX
> for historical reasons (my dislike of raw HTML editing).

I can only speak for myself, but it seems that noweb is over-kill.  For
my purposes, I would like to see a method of supporting statistical
package code within latex.  Something backwards compatible like latex
environments such as Rinput, SASinput, etc.  But, with sweave-like
functionality that would rely on some multi-mode under-pinnings, maybe
mmm-mode?  Of course, Tony is the expert in this area and I'm just
ranting :o)  However, if he or anyone else has any ideas/interest of how
this might be done, I'd like to hear it.

Rodney