[ESS] Stata 9 and ESS

renato corbetta corbetta at uab.edu
Wed Apr 12 18:22:19 CEST 2006

I use Stata 8 and 9 on a regular basis.  I have not been able to use it
within ESS/Emacs either on a Windows machine or a Linux box.
I posted to the list a few months ago about getting a "Symbol's value
as variable is void: inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords" error when I
invoke Stata with M-X stata, but we went nowhere with it.   Someone
else posted about  having similar issues about a month ago, I believe.
If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Renato

A.J. Rossini wrote:

>It would be nice to have a sense how many people are using the Stata
>functionality.  I don't believe that any of the developers use Stata
>regularly any more (or have access to such a machine?  I might in 4 months,
>depending on corporate "speed of implementation").
>

>On 4/12/06, Jean-Marie Jungblut <jean-marie.jungblut at mzes.uni-mannheim.de>
>wrote:
>

>>Dear all,
>>
>>I am currently working on my labtop with Linux SUSE 10 and doing my
>>statistical analysis with R 2.2 using the editing facility in XEmacs with
>>the ESS package. I have an former SUSE 9.2 running on another machine
>>where
>>I have a Stata 7 version also running under XEmacs with CLI (running State
>>directly from inside Emacs) as well as R. On the former machine I have
>>installed the new Stata 9 software, but I didn't manage to use Sata from
>>within ESS/Emacs. My version of Stata is installed under the directory
>>/usr/local/stata9 and does work with GUI as well as in a shell. So what
>>shall I do to get Stata 9 running inside ESS/Emacs? I would very much
>>appreciate any comments!
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>Jean-Marie Jungblut
>>Research Assistant
>>The Mannheim Centre for European Social Research
>>Department A & EURODATA Research Archive
>>
>>Universität Mannheim,
>>MZES - Eurodata Archive
>>L7, 1
>>D-68131 Mannheim
>>
>>Fon: +49/(0)621 181 2830
>>Fax: +49/(0)621 181 2834
>>jean-marie.jungblut at mzes.uni-mannheim.de

>--
>best,
>-tony
>
>blindglobe at gmail.com
>Muttenz, Switzerland.
>"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can
>easily
>roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).
>
>	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Renato Corbetta