[ESS] Fwd: ess-remote with multiple machines/programs and combinations: a few problems

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Thu Sep 22 18:37:04 CEST 2005

I can't think of any reason why there should be a conflict.  What are the
error messages you are getting, or what other behavior isn't right?

I can think of one item to check.  Are the names of the buffers and the
ESS processes different?  Or are they the same?   My next step in
investigation would be to investigate the timing of the calls.

open both telnet (or equivalent) buffers to the two remote computers first,
and make sure they have different names.  For the moment call them *telnet-S* and *telnet-R*.
Start S-Plus in *telnet-S* and R in *telnet-R*.  When both are started, then use
ess-remote on each.

Rich