[ESS] Splus feedback

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 22:45:02 CEST 2005

 > I finally got to last week Stephen's suggestion.  The four new commands
 > created by Rich to call different versions of S+ with different options all
 > show up, in addition to the the commands he had previously defined, in the
 > ESS menu Start Process ---> Other.  For the three commands previously
 > defined they keep working as before; for the new ones with command line
 > options the results follow: sorry for the length, but there is a lot of
 > options!
that sounds good.

 > Splus -j
 >
 >  Process S+6 is not running.  "echoed in the mini buffer".
Umm.. not sure about this.

 > Splus64 -j
 >
 > /actuaria/splus_app/bin/Splus: unrecognized option -j
 > Usage:
 >  /actuaria/splus_app/bin/Splus [-e] [utility [args...]]

Presumably this just means that Splus64 does not take the -j arg; that
is no big problem.

 > Splus7 -j
 >
 >  Process S+6 is not running. "echoed in the minibuffer".
umm.. not sure about this.  Does it work without passing the -j flag.

 > Splus7 -jh
 >
 > Cannot create an X-display.
 > Check that the specified Xserver allows a connection from this host
 > and that DISPLAY is set.
 > To use in headless mode, -headless option.

again, this looks like we have given the wrong calls to Splus7, but it
seems to be getting called okay.

Stephen