[ESS] ess using stata: Symbol's value as variable is void:, inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords

Claus Dethlefsen / Aalborg Sygehus aas.claus.dethlefsen at nja.dk
Thu Oct 13 13:22:38 CEST 2005

Dear list

I am using Stata and use ESS for the editing part. I found a solution with 'AutoIt' (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.php) for sending commands to a Stata window. It works ok, but of course it would be nicer to run an inferior Stata process in ESS.

See also http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html#integrate (the source of my solution)

I have attached my Autoit scripts. They need to be edited according to your Stata version and then compiled using AutoIt. In my .emacs I simply put:

(defun run-do-lines ()
  "Run Stata command"
  (interactive)
  (shell-command "rundolines.exe")
  )
(defun run-do ()
  "Run a stata command"
  (interactive)
  (shell-command (concat "rundo.exe " buffer-file-name))
  )

Then, I bound these commands to keys.

Best,
Claus

Claus Dethlefsen, Msc, PhD
Biostatistiker ved Kardiovaskulært Forskningscenter

Forskningens Hus
Aalborg Sygehus
Sdr. Skovvej 15
9000 Aalborg