[ESS] ess using stata: Symbol's value as variable is void:, inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords

renato corbetta corbetta at uab.edu
Wed Oct 12 01:26:13 CEST 2005

Hello. I'm new to ESS and I'm having the same problem as Markus.
I get exactly the same error message.  The only difference
is that I cannot start a Stata process even after
starting an R process.

I noticed on the Stata listserv that some people have been
having the same problem, but there is no posted solution.

I have ESS 5.2.10 on GNU Emacs 21.3 on a Windows XP machine.
I followed the installation procedure step and by step, specifying
the PATH and modifying the _emacs file.

I'm sorry for being so boneheaded, but can anyone help me out
with this?

Thanks,

Renato