[ESS] Using Rterm under Cygwin Emacs, and future Sweave handling extensions.

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 18:19:33 CET 2005

I've check-in a few changes into the SVN repository for using R with
Cygwin's Emacs.  If anyone would like to check (the svn version) to
make sure it doesn't break normal Emacs/XEmacs under windows before
the 5.2.12 release, I'd appreciate that.

Also, I've got preliminary code for Sweave ala Duncan Murdoch's
workflow suggested sometime recently, I can't recall when; hopefully
it'll be done for the 5.2.12 release.
(i.e. adds 2 commands:  one writes out the output of the R submission
just past the chunk, i.e.

<<ThisChunk>>=
MyRCode()
@
%% <<ThisChunk>>=    time-stamp
%% MyRCode() output
%% @

(replace time-stamp with the Emacs time-stamp command).  If you are
wondering about the time-stamp, think "conditional evaluation".

The other command compares the output in a colorful manner via
ediff-buffers between past and current input and returns true/false.

They definitely need refactoring to "do-the-right-thing".

Thanks to Thomas Gerds at Uni-Freiburg, where I gave a talk last
Friday, for seeding my brain with ideas, emacs-hints, and ruining what
was to be a relaxing weekend.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).