[ESS] Re: [R] R commandline editor question

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Fri May 27 13:36:28 CEST 2005

Hi  Ajay

well ESS has such a facility.

However, I think Mathematica has a super scheme: unbalanced brackets
show up
in red, making them obvious.

This is particularly good for spotting wrongly interleaved brackets, as
in

([  blah di blah  )]

<note bracket closure is out of order>

in which case both opening braces are highlighted in red: and the
system won't
accept a newline until the closures are all correctly matched.

Would anyone else find such a thing useful?

Could the ESS team make something like this happen?