[ESS] wrong type argument: processp nil

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 20 12:04:26 CEST 2005

 > It's emacs 20.7.1, which I'm pretty sure is the same version as before.
 >
 > I don't get a backtrace buffer with either the single or double hyphen
 > version of debug-init.
 >
 > I did forget to mention that either way I do get to specify a starting data
 > directory.

hi Matthew,

first off, 20.7 may be getting a little old, but since our
"requirements" page lists 20.7, we should try to fix this if we can,
but not at the expense of newer versions.

Can you follow the advice in the help manual (below).  esp the bit
about setting debug-on-error to t

Thanks, Stephen.

Reporting Bugs
==============

   Please send bug reports, suggestions etc. to

   <ESS-bugs at stat.math.ethz.ch>

   The easiest way to do this is within Emacs by typing

   `M-x ess-submit-bug-report'

   This also gives the maintainers valuable information about your
installation which may help us to identify or even fix the bug.

   If Emacs reports an error, backtraces can help us debug the problem.
Type "M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET".  Then run the
command that causes the error and you should see a *Backtrace* buffer
containing debug information; send us that buffer.

   Note that comments, suggestions, words of praise and large cash
donations are also more than welcome.