[ESS] Re: Filename completion becomes object completion

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Mon May 9 20:53:01 CEST 2005

I can confirm that this patch does work!  ESS is much more pleasant to
use now!

For anybody's convenience, I put a copy of a patch here

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/software/favoriteEmacsFiles/tabCompletion.patch

This applies cleanly to the ess distribution

$ cd ess-5.2.7
$ patch -p1 < tabCompletion.patch
patching file lisp/ess-inf.el
$

I think that, if you are using ESS without compiling it (I gather many
of you are!), you can just grab this patch and apply it in your code
directory.

And the RPM I make for our computer lab & my personal use:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/software/favoriteEmacsFiles/emacs-ess-5.2.7-2.pj.noarch.rpm

This RPM package is only slightly different from the standard emacs-ess
package, an explanation is included and can be reviewed with "rpm -qip
emacs-ess-5.2.7-2.pj.noarch.rpm"

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504