[ESS] Xemacs Rnw strange file display

Wang, Zhu zhuw at mail.smu.edu
Thu Mar 31 16:37:38 CEST 2005

Thanks,

Zhu

ESS version: 2.6
Xemacs: 21.4.15
System: Fedora Core 3

what locale are you using? Not sure how to figure out.

line-coding: see below from C-x RET C.

Coding system for saving this buffer:
  u -- utf-8
Default coding system (for new files):
  u -- utf-8
Coding system for keyboard input:
  u -- utf-8
Coding system for terminal output:
  u -- utf-8

Priority order for recognizing coding systems when reading files:
  1. utf-8
  2. iso-2022-7
  3. raw-text
  4. ctext
  5. iso-2022-lock

  Other coding systems cannot be distinguished automatically
  from these, and therefore cannot be recognized automatically
  with the present coding system priorities.

Particular coding systems specified for certain file names:

  OPERATION    TARGET PATTERN        CODING SYSTEM(s)
  File I/O
                    binary
        "TUTORIAL\\.\\(?:hr\\|pl\\|ro\\)\\'"
                    iso-8859-2