[ESS] no gnuclient

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.bg.lundgren at bredband.net
Mon Mar 28 16:51:32 CEST 2005

Well,

I found a solution for windows xp

### init.el

(load-file "C:/Program/XEmacs/XEmacs-21.4.13/i586-pc-win32/gnuserv.elc")
(require 'gnuserv)
(gnuserv-start)

###

There was a file gnuserv.el in
C:/Program/XEmacs/XEmacs-21.4.13/i586-pc-win32
evidently different from the one in
C:/Program/XEmacs/XEmacs-21.4.13/lisp
after byte-compile gnuserv.elc

Now everthing works as expected in windows xp

I tried to 'borrow' the file from windows and do the same truck in
gentoo-linux
but unfortunately the problems remain there in spite of a new
gnuserv.elc
It appears as if the opened frame isn't connected to gnuserv??

Fredrik