[ESS] Copying region in Sweave document

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Mar 10 10:31:04 CET 2005

    Henrik> I used to be able to copy and paste regions
    Henrik> containing both latex and R code, although I had to
    Henrik> do C-x C-x to activate region.

    Henrik> But now it seems utterly impossible to copy a region.

"utterly impossible" is probably containing a lot of trials.
Could you still be very specific with an example where the
following happens?

    Henrik> Emacs keep telling me the mark is not active???

    Henrik> Any thoughts?

    Henrik> ESS 5.2.6 (updated with subversion)
    Henrik> Emacs 21.3.50.1
this is an unreleased version of Emacs.  21.4 has been released
in the mean time (though, last I heard, not yet for Windows).

    Henrik> Win XP

In any case, I can copy and paste a region with mixed Latex + R
code in an *.Rnw Sweave file, with the subversion-version of ESS
on Linux both with Emacs 21.3 and 21.4
[Note that I'm also using a recent version of AUCtex, 11.55
 {which is activated with an Sweave file}].

Martin