[ESS] dismal is part of gnu !

Frank Ritter frank.ritter at psu.edu
Tue Jun 28 11:03:20 CEST 2005

Many of you (perhaps a few of you) have used dismal or know about it.
It is a spreadsheet in gnu emacs lisp that David Fox and I created.
At one time it was vaguely related to S-mode, not only because it
shared an author (me!), but also including the fact that we were
going to use S as the  spreadsheet engine.

It's been continued to be worked on.  It's quite usable and quite
incomplete at this point in time.  If you know emacs fairly well and
you work with numbers, you might find it useful for massaging data,
for example.

More information is available at
http://www.gnu.org/software/dismal/

We also have a tech report available at
http://acs.ist.psu.edu/dismal/

Cheers,

Frank

Frank  Ritter at ist.psu.edu
School of Information Sciences and Technology
The Pennsylvania State University
004 Thomas (Basement)
University Park, PA  16801-3857
ph.  (814) 865-4453   fax (814) 865-6426
http://ritter.ist.psu.edu