[ESS] Help with Help when using ess-remote

Seth Falcon sethfalcon at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 19:49:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been using ESS with an R running on a remote system by doing the
following:

1. M-x shell
2. ssh MY_REMOTE_SYSTEM
3. R
4. M-x ess-remote

This works as desired, but if I do C-c C-v to get help on something,
the remote R process displays it in the R process buffer and tries to
use a pager and I get almost unreadable results.

When I'm using a local R, I have ESS configured to pop-up a new frame
with the help.  This is the behavior I want.  Is it possible to have
help from a remote R work this way?  Is there a better way to initiate
a remote R session?

Thanks,

+ seth