[ESS] ess causes xemacs crash in Fedora Core 4

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 15 14:20:21 CEST 2005

I just upgraded to Fedora Core 4.  Now xemacs crashes when I try
to load a file into it, or when I start with "xemacs -f R."  If I
remove all references to ess from the init.el file, xemacs works
as usual except for using ess, of course.  Upgrading ess to 5.2.8
did not help.  What does help is using xemacs -nw.  That is the
apparent workaround for now, but of course it loses a lot.

Anyone else have this problem?  I have not yet tried fooling
around with .Xresources or with ess itself.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron