[ESS] file name completion again

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 31 15:11:39 CEST 2005

I asked this question a while back and no solution was given. I installed
the new ess package and it is still not working.

The question deals with file-name completion and tracking the setwd() to
sync the current directory in ESS.

esc-tab generates an error "wrong type argument: stringp, nil"

The only way around this is I have included the following key definition
(global-set-key [(shift tab)]  'comint-dynamic-complete-filename)

now shift-tab does the work but I need to resync the current working
directory. Is there a way I can directly get xemacs to do so.

I am using xemacs 21.4 (patch 17) on a debian machine.
ess version 5.2.6

Thank you

Jean