[ESS] Saving R files

Göran Broström gb at stat.umu.se
Tue Aug 30 23:48:09 CEST 2005

I have used ESS just for editing R source code for a long time, with
great pleasure. I install and upgrade ess via apt-get on my debian system.
After the latest upgrades I can suddenly not save buffers the usual way
by C-x C-s. Nothing happens, simply. If I try to quit, C-x C-c, I get the
question if I want to save....; I answer yes and get the reply "Modified
buffers...." It ends with me quitting, without being able to save the file.
I rename it so I can edit in non-ess mode, which is boring, but works.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks,

--
Göran Broström                    tel: +46 90 786 5223
Department of Statistics          fax: +46 90 786 6614
SE-90187 Umeå, Sweden             e-mail: gb at stat.umu.se