[ESS] ESS[S] freezes until job completion?

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri Aug 19 19:27:52 CEST 2005

I've been running some analyses with R that take a long time.  I edit my
.r file and press the Load File icon.  The file is submitted to R, but
xemacs
is completely unresponsive until the job is done.  This doesn't seem quite
right since some of these analyses take hours and even days to complete.
Am I missing some setting or a more convenient way of submitting my
jobs?  I also tried S-plus and the same thing happens.

Thanks, Rodney