[ESS] pop-up-frames and opening windows

S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 17 23:21:15 CEST 2005

> try this:
>
> (require 'ess-site)
> (setq pop-up-frames t) ;; Emacs customization
>
> ;; then load an R file or do M-x ess-mode and select, for example,
> ESS / "About editing"
>
> That should reproduce the bug: the original buffer shown twice in two
> windows in the original frame, and  (as expected) the Info buffer in
> a separate frame.
>
> This is in the latest CVS GNU Emacs, as experienced on Mac OS X. (I'm
> using Aquamacs, actually, but you should be able to reproduce this on
> any recent GNU Emacs 22.)

Like Martin, I don't see that, on linux with a CVS Emacs from 2005-04-05.

Can you try the following
emacs -q

then evaluate following code in *scratch*
(setq pop-up-frames t)
(require 'info)
(Info-goto-node "(emacs)Copying")

for me when I M-x eval-buffer the *scratch* buffer is replaced by the
Copying node. *info* does not appear in a separate frame.

If you get different behaviour, then this may be a bug in Emacs. If you get
the same behaviour as I do, then we need to dig a little deeper.

Thanks, Stephen