[ESS] pop-up-frames and opening windows

David Reitter david.reitter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:51:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with ess-mode 5.2.8, which opens an extra window in
the current frame showing the current buffer (again)  whenever I call
an "About" function or show some info and pop-up-frames in set to t
in order to make the new buffers appear in separate frames. This is
in GNU Emacs.

Other unfortunate things happen when using Aquamacs (Carbon Emacs
specialized for the Mac OS X UI, http://aquamacs.org), which uses a
separate mechanism (not pop-up-frames) in order to open a new frame
every time switch-to-buffer or pop-to-buffer is called.   The culprit
is probably ess-display-temp-buffer, which uses display-buffer by
default, and not the higher-level pop-to-buffer. Maybe a change could
be considered there...

Cheers
Dave