[ESS] help files with R

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Aug 2 18:00:51 CEST 2005

    StEgl> So, maybe the first regexp could be tightened to match help only at a
    StEgl> start boundary (Martin - is that something like \bhelp ?)

>yes, "\\bhelp" or "\\<help"  [\b = word boundary;
>			      \< and \> = one-sided word boundary ]
>but I think we should use
>    "^ *help *(%s)"
>in the *-R-1-* line above.
>
>Though I'm wondering if there wasn't a good reason why "^ "
>wasn't used for "help(.)" when it  *was* expressively used for
>'?' and 'page()' ...
>
>Martin

Just guessing, but I bet it was so that you didn't have to do "^ *help" :o)

Rodney

PS.  I checked some stuff in yesterday before I read your email.  Did
that get in before
the database conversion?