[ESS] symbol's value as variable is void

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 08:38:26 CEST 2005

Stata is a nice package in some ways for data analysis, but not for
programming.  No reason to hate it, they are extremely innovative in
some ways and provided the initial example for network package
installations, for example.

That being said, I don't think that any developers use stata any more.
  I've been trying to get Bill Rising to get interested enough to find
the time, but havn't been successful yet.

best,
-tony