[ESS] Re: ess-developers/users using sweave/auctex

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Tue Apr 5 23:52:48 CEST 2005

Hi Alun,

sorry for the late response.

Alun Pope wrote on 31 Mar 2005 01:29:39 MET:

> Patrick Drechsler <patrick at pdrechsler.de> wrote
>
>> just curious: are there people using the combo ESS/Sweave with
>> AUCTeX effectively and/or on a more day to day basis?
>
> The need to conduct, document and explain analysis to myself
> and others makes some sort of approach like this invaluable.

Nicely fraced.

> The biggest headache for me is that I sometimes inadvertently
> transfer my emacs muscle-memory (eg central mouse button
> clicks) to the windows environment (where I am writing this)
> with occasionally weird results!

;)

> Personally I would like to be able to use AMS LateX more easily
> (meaning that the environments special to that should be
> available in the menus).

Does this help?

(require 'tex-site)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'LaTeX-math-mode)  ; enables mathmode by default

If it doesn't: the AUCTeX-ML is just as helpful as this one:

Cheers

Patrick
--
Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind.        -- Donald Knuth